We aren’t worried about the weather this weekend. The Farmers Markets are on Saturday – rain, hail or shine – with the Farm Walks following on Sunday. Read all about it in the attached newsletters.
It’s a busy time for the producers leading up to each Farmers Market. They’ve been harvesting, baking and cooking, then up since first light on Market Day to prepare their produce, and have their stalls packed and ready for customers.|
So what happens when it rains and people stay away? The farmer loses….a lot. And unlike the supermarket giants, they can’t make it up in the following days.
It may not be as fun as meandering around the Market under clear blue skies but know that you are supporting local producers, encouraging a low carbon footprint, and helping to preserve the environmental integrity of the Mudgee Region.
And the farmers appreciate it!
- MARKETING WORKSHOP
- Mudgee Makers Markets – 6th June
- Smile! The Markets are on again – May 16/17
- Farmers Markets/Farm Walks this weekend (April 18/19)
- Mudgee Makers Market – Easter Saturday, Apr 4th
- Feb Farmers Market and Kids’ Gardening Workshop
- Kids Cooking Class – Jan 17th
- Kids Classes for 2015
- Local Plate Winner announced